Entry into the combined MSNA-DNAP Program is open to students already enrolled in the VCU Master's of Science in Nurse Anesthesia (MSNA) program see (MSNA admission requirements). Matriculated students may apply to the MSNA-DNAP Program at the end of the second semester of the Master's Program.
Applicants to the MSNA-DNAP must possess the following qualifications:
- Good academic and clinical standing in the Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia Program.
- Cumulative graduate GPA of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse.
The following materials should be submitted directly to the Director of Doctoral Education.
- The MSNA-DNAP application form (emailed to eligible students each May).
- An unofficial VCU transcript showing current GPA and academic status (available on eServices).
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- A written, personal statement including reasons for seeking this educational opportunity, career goals and how this degree will help you attain them, prior life/work experience that will be useful in your educational experience, and potential areas of study for the capstone project
- materials may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org